This Trip Idea is an actual trip we took around Christmas 2014 though South Korea and Japan. It worked out to be a fairly cheap holiday for the ground we covered. Travelling from Busan to Fukuoka by ferry was particularly fun and convenient.
All prices in AUD which is about 0.8 USD
TRIP IDEA – South Korea and Japan
- Sydney to Seoul via 12 hour stopover in Bali flying Garuda – $1090 AUD Rtn
- 13 Nights in a Studio apartment in Sinsa, Gangnam via Airbnb – $100 night (for 2 people).
- Fly to Jeju Island with Eastar Jet – $59 one way
- 4 nights in a Studio on Jeju via Airbnb – $120 per night
- Fly to Busan with Busan Air – $75 one way.
- 3 nights on Haeundae Beach in a studio via Airbnb – $110 per night
- Ferry from Busan to Fukuoka, Japan on Kobee Ferry – $130 one way.
- One night in APA Fukuoka Hotel – $90 per night (per 2 people)
- Train to Nagasaki using 14 day JR Pass $489 each pass
- 3 nights in Nagasaki at APA Nagasaki Hotel $85 per night (per 2 people)
- Train to Kobe using JR Pass
- 4 nights in Hotel Okura in Kobe at $130 per night (per 2 people)
- Day trips using JR Pass to Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Takayama
- Train to Tokyo using JR Pass
- 7 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment in Shibuya Tokyo via Airbnb $120 per night
- Flight from Tokyo to Seoul with Eastar Jet – $130 one way.
Total for all transport and 35 nights accommodation – $3882 AUD per person ($3100 USD)
Average $110 AUD/$88 USD per day excluding food and activities made this trip idea a cheap holiday.
(I class any trip idea under $100 USD a day as a Cheap Holiday)
Mt Fuji from a Shinkansen Train
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.